Thursday, January 19, 2012

Interview with a "famous" person from your dynasty

Q and A with Kublai Khan


Q: How many classes are there in the Yuan Dynasty and how are they classified?
A: The Mongols were always looked down on as devils in China and we wanted to do something to change that. So in the Yuan Dynasty we made four classes, the Mongols on top, anyone that is not Chinese in second, the North Chinese people were third, and the South Chinese people were looked down on most.


Q: What makes people from southern China on the bottom of the social pyramid?
A:The reason why Southern Chinese people are on the bottom is because they didn't want to give up the Song Dynasty so we had to take it from them and that makes them disliked because they did not cooperate. 


Q: What makes you the great warrior that you are today?
A: What made me the great warrior I am today is my father. When I was young my dad brought me out to war by his side as much as possible and by doing so he built up my warrior spirit and that is how I came to be.


Q: How was the Yuan Dynasty started?
A: Well it wasn't easy, but I had to fight my own brother to take over the Mongol empire and I had to run the Southern Song Dynasty out of China.


Q: Why did you change the capital and how did help the Yuan Dynasty?
A: I changed the capital because I wanted to move it closer to the Grand Canal so we can have better and faster transportation and trading.

No comments:

Post a Comment